KATIE

Katie was my best friend
Except she wasn't

She saved my life
Until she nearly killed me

She is so beautiful in some ways
Yet uglier than I can grasp in others

I met her a year ago
I wish I never had

She comforted me when I was low
A ploy to ensnare me

We shared a passion for music
Another trick she pulled

She took me to outer space
A charm of hers to fool you

She showed me the other side of reality
Knowing I'd never let go of it

I quickly grew tolerant of her charms
I needed more of her to get to her world

I was addicted to the experience of Katie
Despite the troubles and pains she brought me

My bladder gave out
My body caved in

The surgeon's knife beckoned
Scared, alone and facing the extraction

Bladderless, I had been without Katie for a day
I hated her for the damage she'd done

Bladderless, I was discharged
Bladderless, I went back to her

Powerless, I'll never escape her evil
She owns me and she'll never let me go